Sunday, December 13, 2015

From my insides wretched and writhing, I have been told.
Wretched, writhing creatures and
when I imagine this I think of exploding faiths and dogmas, the way you took my heart and scrambled it, sizzling my mind and interweaving truth and crunchy apples wrought with worms eating the flesh inside and out;
and brie (soggy on the cracker) fatty and savory, melting on the sides of my tongue. Appetite (yes), but
Sopping wet with entrails and telling me that it was caviar (but from the insides again)
How do you disentangle your own morality from the dead and expired bodies lying on the ground, rotting and seeping back into the earth?
In the pictures painted on doors and houses and on the sides of the walls, the lambs were always wholesome and cradled and protected.
This was never the whole truth, was it? How could it have been when the things we take we’ve deemed more precious broken into parts and pieces than as a whole?
How could you not mention the pieces of chipped white paint underneath the nails of those clawing at the images on church doors?
These pieces are needed to construct an entire portrait, yet they are splintered in the fingertips of girls with long hair that hasn’t yet had time to be twisted into braids.

No comments: