Friday, September 23, 2011

Love, and War, and I *

Sometimes we

understand that one cannot be

without the others.

I stepped out alone with just Love

and was constantly looking over my shoulder

waiting for War to come looking for us.

so then I became merely afraid, and realized this wouldn't do,

so joined up with War, hoping this would bring peace.

But all War and I ever did was wait, hoping that just being together,

Love would appear.

But whenever War was around, all we talked about was Love coming someday,

but Love never arrived.

so I tried leaving Love and War to their own antics, and wandered about alone,

with nothing to fight for, nothing to fear, nothing to hope for, nothing warring or loving in me.

Ah, but this was impossible,

what is left, then,

without the tearings of these?



*Shameless title adapted from Avett Brothers

No comments: