Monday, August 06, 2018

Hey there queen of the world--

How long did it take you to know this
is temporary?

I fear that I cannot feel all that I'm required to without my bones singing so loud they can't support my body any longer.

"How can we support a body when you're asking us to hold up so much more?"

Singing bones--don't sing so loudly. Could you hum maybe? whisper perhaps? damn your haunting and
Why am I always crying alone on planes?

Take me to a music table and let me
Choose which instrument I'll pick up today because I'm again flying away from the songs stirring and exploding, and fire sizzles in my blood.

I have a fever most days from the songs in my stomach. I never know which I should play.

Some deep and gorging plans you write with a chewed up pencil on a post-it note and crumple it in your pocket.

We are young still but we are bound to the songs in our bones.

No comments: