Sunday, November 05, 2017

I have this secret,
And maybe it is a culmination of a third of a life but
They say "I am so sorry" "I am so sorry" "I am so sorry"
And I say, 
This was a good man and good men don't die.
But he is is still somewhere probably and maybe alternative universes aren't just full of comets and universes that don't really end
Is this what you wanted me to say? All the hours in a warm room and all the time walking up to strangers in the cold,
All the knocks on doors fighting for life and living and life
All the drawings of bridges on little pieces of paper, explaining in six minutes all the secrets of Something More?

Is this what you wanted in my heart and engraved in my brain, deep grooves and firing connections, twisted and formed in the recesses of my mind?

Because, they say, "We are so sorry" and I watch all the sobbing people, with this secret
He is not gone.

No comments: