Friday, July 08, 2016

This is the kind of week where I know and I know and I know that there is more than just a little work to be done but
I also feel in the bottom of my spirit that I need rest from the barrage of tragedies and
I need to revel in some lovely things.

I listened to him revived with thoughtfulness in his words, and insight into what he wanted with his life.
I sat alone and wrote and listened to music and I
Drove an hour in the dark to hug my love,
And I sipped coffee with honey and I said goodbye to a dear friend (but I have a dear friend).
I spent the morning with my sister and my brother,
I played fetch with the dog, and her loppy ears and tongue and gangly legs all tired and happy.
I turned off the television, and
I walked, and I walked, and I walked.

Maybe once I would have shamed myself for looking away but
I now know
This is looking in.

This is making sure I can raise my head up out of my bed, this is making sure that when I turn back on the news, I can brace myself with the strength of the things worth fighting for, and whisper "Okay. We keep going."

No comments: