Saturday, October 11, 2014

 am never raunchy I always
say the polite thing and make sure the polite feelings
flicker across my face
fuck
I am a deceiver
I plan it I plan
the way you will react to my subtleties
I plan the way you will see me flinch or see the vacant expressions cross my face I plan
the tiredness and the revolving door slamming in your face
and the way I shudder away from you or have distance and
I know if you are smart you will see what I’ve laid out for you
When really I am just blank and 
the politeness in every fucking day makes me want to 
rip off the heads of magazine people and
shove their smiles into bottles of empty cola and
take another shot of whiskey so you can feel like you can finally decode what isn’t there.
I’m sorry it isn’t and I’d
try a little harder if I could.

No comments: